We all know HYT from their fluid time indication. Something unique in the world of watches. Yes, there are other brands that use fluids for their timepieces but they do so in a totally different way. HYT has now launched a new collection which they call the H0. Back to the essence of what their brand stands for. Minimising the design by closing the dial and adding a glass jar style crystal, giving full visual access to the hydromechanical time display.
Going back to basics means going straight to the very essence. By taking as its focus the visual and emotional possibilities of time flowing as a fluid, HYT allowed watchmaking to enter the new millennium, whilst continuing to root its creative process in the very origins of time measurement. This manifesto has been further extended with the new H0 from HYT which, with the purity of its lines, encapsulates the very idea of a source code…
All life on earth is dependent on fluids. This truth inspired in HYT the desire to focus our attention on the continuous movement of a coloured and a transparent fluid within a capillary. This display system, as unique as it is complex to realise, gives the impression that it is levitating. It offers new and intuitive perspectives on how to read and interact with both time and space.
With a large part of the movement hidden underneath a curved dial — suggesting the concentric waves formed by drops of water repeatedly falling into the basin of a water clock — HYT is re-engaging with magic and mystery, and with the source of life.
The first watch brand in history to offer collections which utilise major innovations in microfluidic technology, for its new H0 collection, HYT has decided to rework its design. Pared down to the essential, only a section is revealed to provide a better understanding of the extraordinary sophistication of the systems within. Less is more… A fraction of the bellows is revealed through drop-shape openings in the surface of the dial. The minimalist design of the titanium piece focusses the attention on the artistic, spectacular dimensions of the fluid display.
By basing the volume of the H0 on the circle, the droplet, and waves, HYT reinforces its belief in the fundamental principle that space and time are one. These primal curves are themselves inspired by a pebble, worn smooth by water from a mountain stream.
Augmented by a futuristic design, the minutes can be read via a hand positioned at 12 o’clock and the seconds via a small counter at 9 o’clock. The practical cutaway at 2 o’clock enables the power reserve level to be viewed.
This finely balanced assembly is magnified by a sapphire crystal which offers a completely new perspective, that of a side-on display. The H0 is available with a supple rubber strap, with its fixings integrated into the case middle so the flow of its lines continues uninterrupted, ensuring it is supremely comfortable to wear.
Green retrograde fluidic hours, minutes, seconds, power reserve
Black DLC titanium with brushed, micro-blasted and satin-finished finishes
- – Diameter: 48.8 mm
- – Height: 17.9 mm
- – Screw-down black DLC titanium crown
- – Domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on the dial side
- – Screw-down sapphire case-back
- – Water-resistant to 30 metresMovement: Mechanical with manual winding, exclusive HYT calibre
- – 28,800 Vph, 4 Hz, 35 jewels
- – Bridges hand-bevelled and adorned with Côtes de Genève
- – 65-hour power reserveHYT’s exclusive patented micro-fluidic module:
- – Two multi-layer metal bellows
- – Capillary tube in medical grade glass, with interior nano-coating
- – Two immiscible liquids; one transparent and the other coloured with a highlyresistant dye
- – Thermal compensator with dedicated bellow containing a special liquid
- – Ceramic fluid restrictors
Unstructured, fluid hour display
- Hour dial
- – Micro-blasted and satin-finished black opaline hour dial, engraved numerals withwhite Super-LumiNova®, hour indexes with green Super-LumiNova®
- – Hour chapter filled with black Super-LumiNova®
- – Micro-blasted and satin-finished black opaline central dial, engraved indexes, hournumerals and indexes with white Super-LumiNova®
- Minute dial
– Micro-blasted and satin-finished black opaline minute dial, white numerals, numerals
and indexes with white Super-LumiNova®
• Seconds dial
– Micro-blasted and satin-finished black opaline seconds dial, white numerals and
- Micro-blasted and satin-finished black opaline power reserve indicator
- Green minute and second hands with white Super-LumiNova®
- Regulator at 12 o’clock
- Power reserve indicator at 2.30 (disc black / green)Strap: Rubber, black DLC titanium deployant buckle
Also available in Orange and Silver variant.