Mido really surprised me with the Baroncelli Caliber 80 Chronometer Si with a silicon balance-spring for only 1010 Euro! In fact, all the new watches are inexpensive, they look great and the quality is impeccable. Discover the novelties 2016 on 6 pages …
Mido Baroncelli Caliber 80 Chronometer Si
This was the biggest surprise for me! Measuring 40 mm in diameter, its round case in polished 316L stainless steel reveals an elegant white lacquered dial, which is also polished. The polished black applied indexes and double-sided black hour and minute hands (one side sandblasted, the other diamond-cut) contrast magnificently with the white dial. The latter is protected by an anti-reflective sapphire crystal treated on both sides. An aperture at 3 o’clock also displays the date. The Baroncelli Caliber 80 Chronometer Si is fitted with a new COSC certified automatic chronometer movement featuring a silicon balance-spring (!). Mido decided to complete its flagship movement – the Caliber 80 – with this component, which is essential in luxury watchmaking. As well as offering increased resistance to magnetism and shocks, a silicon balance-spring offers greater long-term accuracy than a standard balance-spring.
- Movement Automatic Mido Caliber 80 Si (ETA C07.821 base), COSC certified chronometer, 11½’’’, Ø25.60 mm, height: 5.22 mm, 25 jewels, 21,600 vph, ELINFLEX mainspring, silicon balance-spring, decorative disc in 9-carat gold with transferred Si logo on the balance bridge. Finely decorated chronometer movement with blued screws, oscillating weight decorated with Geneva stripes and Mido logo.
- Functions HMSD+Day. Adjusted on 5 different positions for high accuracy. Up to 80 hours of power reserve.
- Case Polished 316L stainless steel, Ø40 mm, 3 pieces, sapphire crystal with an anti-reflective treatment on both sides, sapphire crystal case back, screwed case back, transparent case back revealing the finely decorated chronometer movement, engraved serial number, water-resistant up to a pressure of 3 bars (30 m/100 ft).
- Bracelet Bracelet and folding clasp in polished 316L stainless steel.
- Dial White, polished and lacquered, polished black applied indexes, date at 3 o’clock.
- Hands Black, double-sided hour and minute hands (one side sandblasted, one side diamond-cut), diamond-cut seconds hand.
- Price 1070 Euro including 19 % VAT (1010 Euro with a leather strap)
What you see here simply is the first execution Mido showed me. There will also be versions with a black leather strap, with an 18-carat gold bezel, with a black dial and a 34 mm case.