OurSwatch Quattro: Four individualists have created their own Swatch watch and they now offer this extremely limited rarity for the first time in a charity auction on September, 26th. Be part of this Charity Auction for ‘Doctors Without Borders’!
I have been in contact with Andreas Wiethoff, one of the Swatch collectors, on Friday and he told me the story behind this exceptional Swatch.
Andreas, how can individuals design and create their own Swatch?
“Alexander, in November 2011, four Swatch enthusiasts from Germany, Switzerland, and Spain made their big dream come true: During the auction of the Blum collection in Hong Kong, they acquired the exclusive right to design a Swatch watch completely on their own. This special Swatch watch would be produced by Swatch in a strictly limited edition of only 100 pieces.”
Was this the first time Swatch gave collectors this opportunity?
“In the 33 year history of Swatch, this possibility has only once been offered before. It was in 2001 at the Wristory auction in New York City.”
How long did it take you to design and develop the Swatch and when did you finally get it?
“After almost four years of development time, OurSwatch Quattro was manufactured in Summer 2015 at the Swatch factory in Sion (Switzerland). After a few weeks, the 100 watches individually packed in an elaborate special packaging (which includes an extra collectors strap without holes) were handed over to us in Fall 2015.”
Are the watches numbered, are they different or all the same?
“Each one of the 100 Swatch watches is unique: It is individually numbered xxx/100 on the back and each watch case is specifically marbled with the injection of different-colored plastic. Every watch is different! This has never been done before on a Swatch watch produced in the regular production process.”
Now one is going to be auctioned in aid and for the benefit of ‘Doctors Without Borders’. Which one of the 100 will it be?
“During the charity auction on September, 26th, one OurSwatch Quattro watch will be made available on the market for the first time. Number 071/100 will be auctioned at Auctionata in aid and for the benefit of ‘Doctors Without Borders’. The number 071 refers to the founding year (1971) of ‘Doctors Without Borders’’. The net profit of the auction will be donated to ‘Doctors Without Borders’ (Médecins Sans Frontières). The full history of OurSwatch Quattro (Ref.no. SUOZ194S) is documented on www.lot7.de in full detail and includes many photos, beginning with the initial sketches and finishing with the production of the watch in Sion.”
Do good and make it known
Be part of it!
This is how OurSwatch Quattro is being described by Auctionata:
- OurSwatch Quattro Lot 7, Ref. SUOZ194S
- Switzerland, 2015
- Quartz movement; hour, minute, second
- Artistic desigend coulorful dial, blue, red and yellow hands
- Watch case and clasp of synthetic
- Original colourful natural rubber strap and original pin buckle
- Limited Edition: 71/100
- Dial, movement and strap signed
- Accompanied by original case, gloves, manual and guarantee
- Case diameter: 41.0 mm; lugs width: 23.2 mm
- Total weight: c. 30.1 g
- Flawless dial
- Plexi glass
- Functional, mint condition
- Designed by collectors; Lot 7 – My Swatch: a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create a real Swatch watch in a limited edition of (only!) 100 pieces
- The proceeds of the auction will be donated to Doctors Without Borders (Médecins Sans Frontières).
- Object is regular taxed. 19% VAT is added to the purchase price for deliveries within the EU.
- Estimate by Auctionata Expert: € 8,000
BE PART OF IT!
September, 26th is finally the time: OurSwatch Quattro, the unique Swatch watch designed by four leading Swatch collectors will be made available for sale for the first time during a charity auction in aid and for the benefit of ‘Doctors Without Borders’.
Do good and make it known.