The ingenious application of Boyle-Mariotte’s Law in the Oris Aquis Depth Gauge is not new, but this new and cool execution is. Discover the watch by “clicking on read more” …
Oris’s solution to produce a mechanical watch with a depth gauge was and still is pragmatic!
The entire development was driven by the KISS-principle: Keep It Simple, Stupid!
Please discover the “secret” behind Oris and the Boyle-Mariotte’s Law by reading my article about watch dating from Baselworld 2013, the time when the watch was presented the first time, by clicking >>> HERE <<< And, please forget my remark at the end of my article from 2013. Oris agreed with my concern and then sold the watch with a clever cleaning device… 🙂
In 2015 Oris will add a second version of the famous diver’s watch to its line-up. The watch’s 46mm steel case has a sporty, deep black DLC finish, and the unidirectional rotating bezel inlay is made of tungsten, a material as hard as emerald. The new Oris Aquis Depth Gauge sports a yellow rubber strap that features two additional Oris innovations: the safety anchor that prevents the strap from breaking loose, even after a heavy impact and the sliding sledge clasp, which enables the wearer to adjust the size of the strap without undoing the clasp.
The Oris Aquis Depth Gauge is again powered by the automatic Calibre 733, based on Sellita SW 200-1, with a date window at 6 o’clock and a power reserve of 38 hours.
The Oris Aquis Depth Gauge will be available from early May 2015 and will be priced at 3,250 Swiss franc.
Oris Aquis Depth Gauge … Ref. No. 733 7675 4754 Set
- Ø 46.00mm
- Automatic movement Oris cal. 733, based on Sellita SW 200-1, with date window at 6 o’clock
- Multi-piece 46mm stainless steel case, screw-in case back and crown protection with black DLC coating. Water-resistant to 50 bar/500 metres
- Diver’s unidirectional revolving top ring with tungsten inlay and minute scale
- Protected screw-in crown with black DLC coating
- Sapphire crystal, double domed with antireflective coating on both sides, featuring a milled channel that allows water into the watch as part of the depth gauge function. Yellow metre scale read off against watermark in channel milled into sapphire crystal
- Black dial with applied indices and Nickel hands, both with white Super-LumiNova-inlay
- Yellow rubber strap with Oris-developed safety anchor and quick adjustment sliding-sledge folding clasp
- Set includes waterproof case, additional black rubber strap and strap-change tools
- Swiss Retail Price CHF 3,250/Set
Guys, what do you think? Thumbs up? Thumbs down?