The colour blue is inseparably bound up with the Glashütte Original collection. For more than twenty years the brand has presented exclusive timepieces in vibrant shades of blue. Let me show you a new timepiece in a distinctive and expressive dark blue version.
Blue is the new black! Again a watch that perfectly fits in my personal theory of color 🙂
The Glashütte Original Senator Chronometer presents the characteristic, colour-matched Panorama Date at 3 o’clock, along with a separate day-night display that simplifies setting of the date and is positioned in a round opening above the centre: from 6 in the morning until 6 in the evening the small circle appears in white, from 6 in the evening on, in black.
The Glashütte Original Calibre 58-01 offers a refined second-stop mechanism: when the crown is pulled out, the time display stops and the seconds hand is reset to zero and held there; simultaneously the minute hand jumps ahead to the next full minute index. As the crown is turned to set the time, the hand always jumps to the next minute index – thus ensuring that the correct relationship between seconds and minutes is maintained. The manufactory movement is refined with decorative elements. A sapphire crystal case back permits one to take in at first glance the classic features of the Glashütte art of watchmaking: the three-quarter plate, screw-mounted gold chatons and hand-engraved balance cock unite the highest watchmaking expertise with authentic craft skills. A midnight blue Louisiana alligator leather strap is opened and closed with a white gold foldover clasp.
- Case: Ø 42 mm
- Height: 12.47 mm
- Material: 18 ct white gold
- Strap: 21/18 mm
- Waterproof up to: 5 bar
- Glass: sapphire crystal, both sides anti-reflective
- Bottom: sapphire crystal
- Dial: Ø display 36.8 mm, varnish blue-grainé with engraved silver Roman/Arabic numerals/railroad chapter
- Hands: white gold
- Dimensions: Ø 35 mm, height 6.47 mm
- Balance: screw balance with 18 regulation screws
- Oscillating frequency: 28,800 A/h (= 4 Hz)
- Power reserve: 44 hours 40 minutes
- Balance spring: Anachron
- Shock protection: Incabloc
- Jewels: 58 jewel bearings
- Manual winding, central hour/minute, off-centre second, second reset with coupled minute ratched, Panorama Date, power reserve display, day/night indicator, bevelled/polished edges, polished steel parts, polished/blued screws, Glashütte three-quarter plate with stripe finish, swan-neck fine adjustment.