Right after the press conference I talked to Stephen Urquhart about the importance of the today´s step. I invite you to listen to our conversation…
Stephen Urquhart welcoming the guests at the Omega press conference in Geneva…
My conversation with the Omega-President will give you some interesting details about the new METAS-certification for all Omega-watches starting in October 2015…
In fact it is not only another certification, it is another big step forward for Omega.
All Omega-watches will be tested by the following criteria being officially certified by METAS Swiss Federal Institute of Metrology (www.metas.ch)
- the function of each movement when exposed to magnetic fields greater than 15.000 Gauss / 1.200.000 A/m
- the function of each watch when exposed to magnetic fields greater than 15.000 Gauss / 1.200.000 A/m
- average daily precision (different positions and temperatures) between 0 and +5 seconds/day
- autonomy (power reserve) determined in hours by the watch model
- water resistance (tested in water) in bar, determined in hours by the watch model
By the way: METAS will offer the Official Certification to any watch that meets these criteria and not only to Omega or the Swatch Group
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/180701024?secret_token=s-EXs6g” params=”color=ff5500&auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false” width=”100%” height=”166″ iframe=”true” /]
The Omega-President seems to happy… The picture was taken after our conversation …
What do you think? Let me know!