Already last year I was thrilled when Oris presented its Aquis Depth Gauge. This year Oris tried to outbid itself and succeeded. Click on “read more” to discover the watch…
My smartest and, at the same time, best value for money watch of the year is: Oris Big Crown ProPilot Altimeter.
Since for many of you the Swatch Sistem51 was only available this year, the Sistem51 should share this page with the Oris.
But the Swatch Sistem51 was officially presented in 2013 so in my eyes the smartest and, at the same time, best value for money watch of the year 2014 is the Oris Big Crown ProPilot Altimeter.
You don’t agree with the Swatch? Guys, the Swatch Sistem51 has to be mentioned here. I just published an exclusive report about the new ETA manufacturing facility in Boncourt. What you see there is really amazing and at least as amazing as the Sistem51 itself.
Click >>> HERE <<< to read my exclusive Swatch Sistem51-report if you have not done it yet.
Now let us “talk”, let me write about the Oris Big Crown ProPilot Altimeter:
I have been publishing a detailed report, including an interview with Oris CEO Ulrich Herzog and a video showing how the Oris works, about the Big Crown ProPilot Altimeter June 28th this year here on the blog.
So please simply click >>> HERE <<< to discover the Big Crown ProPilot Altimeter (again if you wish).
In my eyes, and nota bene this is my very personal opinion, no jury has voted, no one has whispered something into my ears, and no one has paid me any money to get listed here, the idea to manufacture such a timepiece is simply brilliant.
To simplify things is much more complicated than one might think and to sell the timepiece for only 2900 Euro including 19 % VAT with the textile strap and for 3050 Euro including 19 % VAT with a metal strap, this is the real sensation.
And, what also counts is that Oris already delivers the Big Crown ProPilot Altimeter.
So many announcements had beed done in the last years and many of these watches (not Oris of course!) until today have never come to the markets…
Here are in brief the key facts of the Oris Big Crown ProPilot Altimeter again:
• Oris automatic mechanical movement Cal. 733, based on the Sellita SW200 with date window at 3 o’clock.
• Integrated Swiss mechanical barometric altimeter and barometer movement manufactured by Thommen.
• Multi-piece stainless steel case that is water-resistant to 100 metres when both crowns are screwed in
• Sapphire crystal domed and with anti-reflective coating on both sides
• Screwed case back
• Screw-in stainless steel crowns, patented altimeter adjustment and venting crown, including a PTFE-vapour-barrier
• Black dial with printed Arabic numerals filled with Super-LumiNova, same as hour and minute hands
• Altimeter hand made from laminated carbon fibre
• Textile strap with stainless steel folding clasp, also available with leather strap or metal bracelet
• Swiss Retail Price CHF 3,300 with textile strap, CHF 3,500 with metal bracelet
• Already available through the world-wide Oris retail network
These are the Big Crown ProPilot Altimeter References:
Oris Ref. No. 733 7705 4134 TS, Ø 47.00mm, with Feet Scale
Oris Ref. No. 733 7705 4164 TS, Ø 47.00mm, with Metre Scale
>>> Learn how to activate and set the altimeter of the Oris Big Crown ProPilot Altimeter on page 2 >>>