Atypical watch brand Wryst released a mechanical timepiece: The Wryst Automatic 2824 Limited Edition of 50 pieces. Holding a personalized legendary self winding Swiss workhorse ETA 2824-2 movement, this is the first reference of a higher-end range from the extreme sports and motorsports-inspired Swiss brand.
Owner and designer of the brand Wryst, Jacques Fournier says: “We have been requested to produce an automatic sport watch from the very early days of Wryst. It had to be special, distinctive and extremely exclusive. We wanted to combine refinement, know-how and swiss tradition for a sincere and highly unconventional self-winding 3 hands watch”. The dial is an agile combination of black and rose gold colors with black date. When you turn the watch, the piece reveal a ‘tour de force’.
The case back is built with a challenging one piece sculpted crystal revealing the mechanical movement in four different windows, representing the center of Wryst hallmark. Through this asymmetrical shaped design, the rose gold oscillating weight rotates and self-wind the 28’800BPH & 25 jewels automatic mechanism.
The luxurious black watch is protected with a new groundbreaking Diamond-Like Carbon coating. Used in racing cars engine and as hard as diamond, the DLC is known to increase considerably the lifetime of black sport watches.
- Limited Edition of 50 pieces
- Black Diamond – Like Carbon coating on case, case back and buckle
- Shatterproof K1 mineral crystal with anti-reflective coating
- Swiss Automatic movement ETA 2824-2 with sweeping second Hand
- See-through skeleton case back
- Rose gold dial details, screw-down crown and movement rotor
- Limited one year warranty
- Case size 45 mm width Two integrated straps included (for wrists between 160mm & 205mm):
- Genuine black alligator strap
- Two-tone black and grey silicone strap
Retail price: £1’985.00 GBP ($3’090.00 USD)
If you want to learn more about the Wryst Automatic 2824, visit the official Wryst Website.